Wednesday, May 13

(Age 3-6) Food Lesson: Making Ground Cinnamon

Awhile ago I posted this food lesson for slicing apples. At the time, I also mentioned my daughter ate apples occasionally but they were not really one of her favorite fruits. I must say, since introducing the slicing apples activity, she eats apples all the time now! As an extension to this activity, I have now introduced grating cinnamon so that she can make her own cinnamon and sugar for putting on the apples instead of using the store bought.

After she has sliced the apples, she then uses the grater to prepare the cinnamon. It took some practice at first but she does well now.

She uses the measuring spoon (1/8 tsp.) and levels it (leveling was taught in an earlier lesson somewhere in this blog =) . She then stirs the cinnamon and sugar together.

She dips the apple into the mixture and enjoys the apples.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great idea! I'll have to try it with my 4 year old.

Kristi said...

I always love your ideas! We will be trying this one and the rock cleaning etc project as well.

I love your blog!