Tuesday, October 5

October Circle Songs

The Pumpkin Song (sung to the tune of Have you ever seen a Lassie?)


If I could be a pumpkin, a pumpkin, a pumpkin, If I could be a pumpkin, Which face would I have? A Sad face or Happy face...



A Frightened face or Scary face? If I could be a pumpkin, What face would I have?



We each pick one face and hold it up during the song. I also encourage my daughters to make the face too.



Song: Autumn-time is Coming (to the tune of Frere Jacques)

Red leaves falling
Red leaves falling
On the ground
On the ground
Autumn-time is coming
Autumn-time is coming
All around
All around

Orange leaves falling
Orange leaves falling
On the ground
On the ground
Autumn-time is coming
Autumn-time is coming
All around
All around

Brown leaves scattered
Brown leaves scattered
On the ground
On the ground
Autumn-time is here now
Autumn-time is here now
All around
All around
Our mini play silks which happen to be red, orange, yellow and brown are the leaves. (For a change we will try substituting real leaves too) It is fun to throw them into the air and watched them gently float down as we sing the song.

(Movement and fingerplays are soon to follow)

4 comments:

cheyenne said...

these are great!!! thanks for sharing!

Counting Coconuts said...

Wonderful songs - thank you for sharing. We'll be using them next week when we start school.

LOVE your header photo - just beautiful.

How the Sun Rose said...

Oooh! I will have to share this song with my boys. :)

Office Movers Fayetteville said...

Great rreading this