Tuesday, February 2

Watercolor Birds


For our past two times watercolor painting we had been using shades of red and then shades of blue. I used the finished paintings to make these birds. The birds are very simple to make and having them in the house reminds us of the birds outside at our bird feeder. To make, I folded the paper in half (so that both sides of the bird would be colored), then drew a template, traced and cut them out, then glued the sides together. A small slit is cut and folded paper becomes the wings.



We have some birds hanging above our table and some at the window.




We used some to make our Valentine's cards too.

2 comments:

Little Family Fun said...

These are darling! You've got a great blog here. I'm glad I found you! I'll be back again for sure!
Linda
littlefamilyfun.blogspot.com

JoAnn said...

What a sweet and creative idea! I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I am glad I did. I am in the stages of adopting some Waldorf ideas for our home and I love reading your rhythm for the day. :)