Tuesday, November 10

Discovering Turkeys


I thought it would be fun for us to make a turkey. We started with styrofoam shapes and because they were white we painted them dark.



We looked at the turkey fact sheet before going out for a walk to see what shapes of things we might need. We looked for things that could be used for eyes, beak, legs, and feathers.


After the walk and once the paint had dried we stuck in feathers I had purchased from the store. I used the glue gun to glue on some leaves. We had found stems and dried flowers for the eyes, beak and legs. I used clay for feet so the turkey could stand.


This is definitely a wild turkey! He looks a little crazy, but we had a good time putting it together!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

He's totally awesome. :)

Patty said...

Awesome! I just made the same work for my classroom. I also made 3 part cards of the different breeds of turkeys, parts of a feather, and 3 part cards of a turkey. Thanks for sharing!

June said...

What a wonderful creature! We love watching the wild turkeys travel like dinosaurs across our meadow.

kw said...

This would be fun to add to Handmade Holidays at The Snail's Trail. I am working on turkeys in our homeschool now. Your post is genius!