Wednesday, September 9

More Toddler Activities

A Velcro dressing frame. Montessori dressing frames can be purchased pretty cheap but I decided to make one since I had a wooden frame available already. I used leftover flannel (from a previously made flannel board), which is nice and soft to use. The rest was made with the sewing machine and staple gun.


First folding cloths. My daughter has used it a few times. It was one of those activities she repeated a number of times before putting back on the shelf. It is a challenge and she has a lot of interest in it.


Color box 1. I haven't introduced it yet because she hasn't shown interest but it is on the shelf.


I Spy Bottle. My daughter likes the weight of the sand as compared with rice. The cap is taped on and I put in about six objects. She rolls it back and forth on the rug. This could be a help in preparing her to roll a rug soon.


Pouring beans. Because I give direct supervision when we are in the Montessori room I have provided beans. They are easy to pick up if spilled.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I really like your I Spy bottle. That's a really neat idea that I haven't seen before.

Thanks for sharing!

Ange said...

Seriously you are amazing! Can I be like you when I grow up. Please don't ever stop posting. My friend (a gal in my ward) and I talk about how great your blog is and it's so funny because we don't even know you. You do so great with this.

So I have a request, feel free to turn it down of course, but would you be willing to take pictures of your montessori room for me/viewers of your blog to get an idea of how you use space and organize an at home montessori room? Maybe you've already done a post like this?? If not, I'd LOVE IT!!!

Nina said...

Love your ideas. Thanks

Gypsy said...

I get so much inspiration here ... and I second Ange's request - I would LOVE to see more of how you organize your home Montessori style!

Anonymous said...

Before finding out about links of london uk watches you should be familiar with some of the terminology. cheap links of london The word horology has two meanings; it is the study or science of measuring time links london jewellery or the art of making clocks, watches, and devices for telling links of london sale time.Since the first appearance of man on the earth an effort has links of london silver been made to determine time.The tracking of the sun's movement across discount links of london the sky, candles that were marked at intervals.Water clocks did links of london bracelet not depend on the observation of the sky or the sun.