Friday, February 20

A Space For Art

Because our Montessori room is on another floor of the house, my daughter's time in the space is limited. I have been keeping most of her art supplies in that room available as individual lessons. Like most children, she loves art activities, so to allow her the chance to use supplies whenever she wants to, I made a spot just for art. Having a young toddler makes things a little more difficult, but I managed to put scissors and glue in tupperware containers she can't open. Included on the shelves: paper- colored and white, coloring books, crayons, colored pencils, yarn, tongue depressors, chalk, felt, and water color painting. I also included a basket for scrap paper. Once the basket is full, I plan to use the scraps for us to make paper. She was very happy and went right to work making paper puppets.

2 comments:

jk said...

Your photo has inspired me to reorganize my art closet for the kids. It needs some serious attention!

Gigi said...

What a great idea to put the scissors and glue in a container so a toddler will not get their hands on it!!